Sunny Spot

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Would it be Christmas in the Sulivan house if...

Now, for those of you who know me, being a Sullivan is NEVER easy...if it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all! 
As you know I LOVE Christmas and spend weeks preparing everything from decoration to cookies.  Well everything in the Sunny Spot has come to a halt with the demise of my, much hated, but needed stove.  Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, last night as I was preparing my son a nutritious meal of corn dogs and potato skins, my oven stopped working...I was ready to go into a full blown panic attack.  After a few very deep breaths, I stopped and sighed and asked Ryan (like the little girl in Poultergiset after Twitty died) "CAN I GET A NEW ONE NOW?" 
Of course I went through the painstaking task of calling Maytag to see who they suggested to come out and fix it, and was told by the associate that it wouldn't be worth the service call, I should just replace it...Oh nameless Maytag associate, I LOVE YOU!!!  So I spent the better half of last night searching for the perfect stove.
So this morning I get into work and we are having computer issues.  I, of course, am totally distressed because I need to continue my search for the new love of my kitchen!  As the morning goes on, I get a text message from Ryan asking if I took the oven info with me..."of course I did" I reply to which he asks me to give him the model and serial number.  I reluctantly do so, because it is NEVER good when Ryan asks for find details.  Long story short, he has a guy who repairs them and is getting the part that is needed so I can resume my duties as kitchen bitch.  Not that it's not a bad thing, but I was hoping for my 10 years of marriage I would finally get the stove I WANTED...another dream crushed!
So if any of you are looking for a Christmas / Anniversary gift for me, I would love either a gift card to Pauladeen.com or a new stainless steal stove with 5 burners and duel ovens.

On a happier note, I wish you and your families the Happiest of Holidays and a safe and Happy New Year!

XXXOOO

1 comment:

  1. Why do ovens pick holiday times to break down? Sorry you're not getting a new one!

    ReplyDelete