Sunny Spot

Monday, October 22, 2012

39.3 .... Okay 37.1

So this past weekend my girlfriend Stacey and I walked the NY Avon Walk for Breast  Cancer.  It was an amazing weekend with emotions that went from smiles to tears and tears to laughter.  It was something I always wanted to do and now I can say that I have and I'm happy I did.
Even with all the blisters and achy muscles every mile was worth it.  I unfortunately didn't make the last 2.2 miles of the first day due to a knot in my calf but found the energy and inspiration to carry on and do the last 13.1 miles the last day.
I admit that this was the single hardest thing I have ever done, but worth it!  I heard so many people say this walk is easier then fighting cancer and now I understand why they say that.  In a few days my muscles won't ache so much and my blisters will go away....some one fighting cancer, breast or otherwise, doesn't have that luxury.  I am greatful for all I have and that I was able to do this walk for my mother, a survivor of breast cancer.  I also want to thank everyone who supported me and contributed to my fundraising....none of this would have been possible without your help!
It was truly an amazing weekend!  XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment