Sunny Spot

Thursday, September 27, 2012

So, How You Doin'?

Because I'm from NJ I can ask this question.  You can hear Joe Jr. from "while you were sleeping" say it, "So, Luc...How you doin'?"  This is also the term my loving husband uses when he likes how I look or what I'm wearing.  It's associated with every Mob stereotype out there, movies, TV, real life...oops not supposed to talk about such things!
How did this post come to be?  I've already forgotten!  I know I wanted to touch on my last post about PTSD but then I got to saying "how you doin'" in my head and I'm side tracked.
Do you remember the movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks?  Remember the part when "Joe" is sitting up in bed doing the Godfather trying to figure out how to explain what it means to "take it to the mattresses"?  Take the cannolli, leave the gun.  Or in Good fellas when Karen is at the end of her rope with Henrys cheating and she is sitting on top of him with a gun to his head confronting him?  "Put the gun down Karen"...another line my husband often uses minus the gun and pretty nighty!  It's his way of bringing me to my sense and out of my crazy, very effective.
All classics, right?  Okay so I got off topic again.  But I've completely forgotten what I was going to say now anyway....so HAPPY THURSDAY  XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment