Sunny Spot

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to the grind

We are finally back to the getting here at the Sunny Spot, school has started and volunteer commitments are creeping back and, of course, back to work....UGH!  I love the carefree, unscheduled days of summer.  The times when there really is no bed time and you don't care if you are a few minutes late for work...I dislike sitting in traffic and getting stuck behind school buses.  I love the fact that ice cream is a perfectly acceptable dinner and that dinner is a perfectly acceptable dessert.  The days are long and warm and the nights are warm and clear.  I love summer and all that goes with it, sun, beach, cold cocktails...
With the fall quickly approaching, yes I said FALL!  Today's high here in NNJ is only going to be 72 degrees...yes ONLY 72 degrees.  Do you know what that means for us cold blooded people?  That means that we have a party late this afternoon and I will have to dress (and be taunted by warm blooded people) like Nanook of the North.  I already know I will need to wear jeans and a sweatshirt for most of the day, but when the sun goes down I will need to add layers...warm layers and sit REALLY close to the fire because tonight's low is 45 degrees.  Can you imagine?  Last week I was sitingg on the beach in OBX, NC it was 90+ degrees and I was happy as a clam, beer in hand and feet (only) in the water.  Now that is my element!
Okay, so I will stop brooding over this cold weather and go finish my coffee and head out to the farmers market...have a ton of green tomatoes that I am going to make salsa with and need some fresh ingredients to make it perfect and maybe a loaf of warm bread to stuff in my shirt to keep me warm later.
Happy Sunday and Labor Day!  XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment