Sunny Spot

Monday, September 13, 2010

If I jump off the deep end...will you come with me?

Today has turned out to be a challenge of my sanity.  It all started this morning, when as all Monday's go, I think I have all the time in the world and it turns out it's 7:50am and we have to leave for the bus.  I do, as always, ask Danny which shoes I should wear by showing him the 2 I'd like to wear and he chooses what I like to call my hooker heels.  Now I love these shoes, they are black suede and have a 3 1/2" heel...they are by all means "do me" shoes.  In order to wear them comfortably they require the ball of the foot cushions so that my feet don't ache all day long.  Well this morning they were missing, not totally but I only found 1...so I hem and haw over to change my clothes, because the pants I choose need heels, or to stick it out.  Well dear reader, I stuck it out.  Wait it gets better...
I opt to stop at Walgreen's on my way to work so that I can get my much needed (and deserved at this point) ball of the foot cushions.  I get out of the car and because my shoes are missing this little piece of cloud beneath my feet, I walk right out of my shoes...I cannot walk in these shoes with out my "filler"!  So I walk ever so slowly thru the store...ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK, get my filler and limp back up to the register.  The young man at the counter looks at me and says, "have a great day" then I inform him, "I will now", to which he replies, "whatever"...PUNK!  Okay shoe crisis averted, but my feet hurt already.
Well I get to work and my mood, as usual, goes downhill.  Not for any other reason but I got pissed off and THEN I remembered I was pissed off from Friday and was supposed to call in sick today...UGH!!!  As I come to this revelation I get a call from the warehouse that there is an emergency with the container that just arrived and I HAVE to come back IMMEDIATELY...my feet hurt, do I have to?  SO I go back and there lies a stack of bags and parsley on the floor.. "so whats the emergency?"..."we don't know how to stack this" REALLY???  What do I look like?  The Guru of stacking pallets?  My feet hurt...I hobble back to my desk.
At noon one of the women leaves for family reasons, at 12:30 another leaves because her planets are out of sync and at 1:20 the other leaves for lunch..."Who's going to answer the phones?"..."you are"...no I'm not, my feet hurt!  Know what?  I didn't answer the phone...instead I crawled back to the warehouse to take pictures of the damage in flicked on us by the container.  Now I'm ready to whine about how I will never wear these shoes again and want to live in flip flops all year round...think I need a beach house!  Or maybe I will try calling in sick again tomorrow...if I remember!
Happy Monday XXXOOO

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I would never let my daughter pick my shoes out for me! That would be painful!

    ReplyDelete