Sunny Spot

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

9 days until Thanksgiving...

And only 38 shopping days until Christmas...YIKES!
Did I ever tell you that I love Thanksgiving?  I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!!  All the food and family and endless menu possibilities and eating leftovers for a week...ahhh I think I found my nirvana.  This year, for the first time in 38 years, I will not have my family for thanksgiving and I am a lot bummed about that.  Every year I spend weeks planning the menu and shopping then days preparing for the arrival of my dinner guests.  I'd set the table and putter around the kitchen...peel potatoes and prep veggies while watching the parade.  I asked Ryan is we could go to the parade this year since we won't have any guests...I was denied!  I wish I were brave enough to take Dan into the city alone and see it live, but I think I need to work on that one. 
Well since we won't be cooking for the Army or going to the parade, maybe I will try my hand at early morning Black Friday shopping....do I have any takers?
Happy Tuesday XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment