Sunny Spot

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I wanted to take a moment a wish all of you and Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you all have some place warm to sleep, enought food to eat and someone who loves you very much.  Please take a moment to remember those who are serving our country or are no longer with us today.  Lift your glass and toast those who are with you and those who just couldn't make it.
This year is especially bittersweet for me, it's the first year I do not have my family with us for this feast day.  I am leaning how to scale down recipes for 3 instead of 10 and how to relax today instead of the insanity that this day usually brings.  I am working on embracing enjoying the food and company of just my boys.  Although I have been lucky enough to be blessed this year with new friends who have invited us to join them on holiday.  So this evening, after all the food is consumed, dished washed and leftovers put away; we will join our new friends for dessert and drinks and toast all of you.
All my best to you and your families for an enjoyable day and happiness and good health through the holiday season.
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment