Sunny Spot

Friday, February 11, 2011

When I grow up...

When I was in the early days of my marriage I wanted to be Martha Stewart.  I decorated our first apartment together with all her "good things", cooked her recipes and planted all her herbs and flowers I could find.  I dreamed of my first home being an old farmhouse with a potting shed, greenhouse, herb garden and lots of gardens.  I even went so far as to buy the paint in corresponding colors, as suggested by Martha, for her decor...then she went to prison and I could no longer love her, I lost respect for her.
In the last few years I have come to love Paula Deen.  I love her southern belle ways, her recipes, her view on life.  I don't love her taste in decor or her "Mama Boy" sons and I find Michael to be a bit of a drip.  But I do love her good old fashioned southern values and food.
In the last few months I have become TOTALLY addicted to a new blog that is full of great recipes, witty stories and beautiful photography.  I now love "The Pioneer Women" http://thepioneerwoman.com/!  She is the salt of the earth as far as I'm concerned.  She is a city girl who now lives on a ranch in Oklahoma and is sweet and funny and...ya know what, read her blog...you will love her I promise!  I picked up her new book last weekend and cannot wait to dig into it, but am also behind a library book and an ebook...so I am building up the anticipation of reading it. 
So now I think I need a new name, MarDeRee or StewPaulDrum...you know like Bradagilina, what do you think?  Can I be a New England, Southern, Oakie?
Happy Friday!!!  XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment