Sunny Spot

Friday, July 30, 2010

What makes you happy?

Today I read a post of a fellow blogger. She posted her guilty pleasures in life and I found it so inspiring that I decided to post a list of my own. I don't know that I will have 8, but we do share a few of the same likes so I will try not to poach her post.

#1 Food
I love food...all kinds of food. If I had to choose I would say dessert and Southern BBQ are my favorites. I love to cook them, eat them, serve them and share them. Adult beverages fall into this catagory too...namely Blue Mood Pale Ale and Dove Chocolate martini's

#2 Reading
I love to ready just about anything. I love child development books, love stories and love story murder mystries...who am I kidding I will ready anything. I love the Stephanie Plum series...I wish I had a Lula! I love a book called "the blessings of a skinned knee" it's about raising a self reliant child as the Orthodox Jews raise thier children. Very well written and great for reference.

#3 Volunteering
I love volunteering...if I could do it full time I would. I have been told that I am a near professional volunteer. I will do almost anything and find it VERY hard to say no when asked. I find this aspect of my life to be very rewarding and to see the joy on a childs face at the end of an event usually makes all the long hours worth it.

#4 Traveling
I love to travel and am willing to go anywhere. I love going on business trips, weekend excursions (which I NEVER see anymore) and long vacations. I like to road trip or fly, but if I can drive and see the things there are to see along the way, you bet I will! I love going to Disney, but have been banned from going by my husband this year. Maybe I can plan a Disney Cruise...think he'd see the difference?

#5 Being a Mommy
Being a Mommy is the BESTEST job ever! I love when my son goes from being little mister tough guy to, "can we snuggle?". These days are becoming increasingly far and few between, so I enjoy them when I can. When I ask Danny is he wants to take a ride, wheather it's to the farmers market or another state he alwasys says, "Sure". He always keeps the conversation going and is curious about everything. He askes questions about who, what, when, where and why and just when I think I'm at the edge of the cliff...he wants to snuggle again!

Okay, so my pleasures aren't really guilty ones, but these are the things that make up my life. I could go on about my job, which I love, but it's not always a pleasure.
I hope you all have a great weekend

Happy Friday
XXXOOO

1 comment:

  1. What a great list, although I didn't see a guilty pleasure among them! It's great that the things that make you happy are also pretty good for you too!

    ReplyDelete