Sunny Spot

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Camp...Gulp! And a big ass bear

For the first time in my adult life I will be attending summer camp...yes, me, camp! I have to admit I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure having Danny there will make it all okay.

So where am I going you ask? Well I am off to Camp Lewis with the Cub Scouts...double gulp! We have 5 fun filled days in the middle of no where, with little to no cell phone reception, public "latrines" and coed showers. REALLY? yes really! Like it wasn't bad enough that I volunteered to go to camp, but now this? Whatever shall I do? I am personally thinking I can go a week without a realy shower, but most likely not. I also found out that I cannot take my Ambien CR with me because it is considered a narcotic...how am I supposed to deal with all of this witout sleep, let alone drugs to keep me calm? Ohohoh...and we cannot have food in our tent; this may offically kill me!

On a happier note, when I get back I have a day and a half to pull myself back togther to travel to Chicago, IL for the National IFT. More fun to had with the boss and out of country guests. L.A. if you are reading this, I'm going to need a commitment of a serious night of drinking!

Last night we had a bear visit us, and not just any bear but a wounded one! He came through a few time during the day and seemed okay, but when he came back around 8:45 he was not walking on the rear left. Inevitably we called the 5-0 to let them know we had a wounded bear and they responded within 5 min...way to go WMPD! Not only that, but they sent 2 of the nicest officers...with a great sense of humor, they laughed at all of Ryan stupid bear immitations! In the end, they didn't get a good shot at the bear to sedate him so the party broke up around 10:30pm. Today I called and filed a case with the fish and game and they were going to follow up.

The next few weeks should be interesting, I will keep you posted!

Happy Tuesday XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment