Sunny Spot

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dirty Jersey and the reason it's time to go

For the last year we have talked about getting out of NJ and starting our lives in a warmer climate. I can name 10 reasons I dislike living here and lately I can probably find 50 more if asked. Today I am going to lay out the main reasons why it's time to go...
1) I don't like the winters. It's too cold and we have had way too much snow. I like the change of seasons, but cannot take too many more winters here.
2) The house we bought is too small and falling down around us....I refuse to put more money into this pit, I may resort to playing with fire.
3) If I want to get anywhere I have to drive a minimum of 40 minutes to get anywhere. With the exception of the grocery store which still takes 15 minutes.
4) Molly doesn't like the cold either. If it's below 50 degrees she shivers when she goes out.
5) I need to live in a neighborhood where the kids are well behaved and don't scream constantly.
6) I would prefer to live someplace where a rooster DOES NOT crow into our bedroom windows at 6:30am on Saturday morning.
7) I would like to have social neighbors that I like. We have 4 neighbors that we like, the rest can rot in hell. It's not like I haven't tried, I've thrown block parties and tried to get the neighbors to know one another, drink and be happy...these people suck!
8) My son is an only child and needs other kids to play with.
9) I would like to live nearer a beach so that I can walk it when the weather is cool and lay on it when the weather is warm....sand makes me happy
10) Our trash neighbors are bringing down the value of my home and the police are here at all hours...I cannot live like this anymore. I do not want my son to grow up thinking the police showing up is normal...because it's not!

I am beyond exhausted with these living conditions. I live in a small neighborhood where we should all look out for one another, not be forced to watch the welfare families kids because the mother cannot be bothered. Yesterday I was all but reduced to tears over this and cannot stand the fact I cannot even enjoy sitting out on my patio anymore because this is not the place I want to live anymore.
Happy Sunday All XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment