Sunny Spot

Monday, May 10, 2010

Whirlwind, trouble and mute


So it's been a while, right? Well with me it's always something...too many commitments, not enough time! Well let's start at the beginning, last time I was here we were enjoying our trip to TN and coming home with a new puppy....meet Molly!
She's cute, isn't she? Don't let her fool you, she is as bad as she is cute. She and Abby have become a pair to be reckoned with. What one doesn't think of the other one does, it's been a fun adjustment. I won't even tell you about the destruction that led up to us purchasing a crate that is all but bent like you see in the cartoons! We've taken to keeping dawgdini in her crate with zip ties...no not zip tying her to the crate, but keeping her from escaping by zip tying key escape routes. They are cute together and have become the best of friends, they even spoon when no one is looking.


In other news, Danny finally made his First Communion...he was so happy! He even agreed to take a picture with me AND smile!

We had a perfectly beautiful day and luckily we took the 11am Mass and not the 1pm, because it was 90 degrees by lunchtime. We had a luncheon at the Greenwood Lake Airport, there is a restaurant up there called the Passport Cafe' that was taken over by the new owners last August...go see them if you are in the area, best food EVER!!! Note they are only open for breakfast and lunch...but tell them I sent you! Better yet, if you are around the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd go for breakfast and stay for the flying and cruising festival, as well as, the battle of the bands. I don't know who is going to be playing, but it should be a lot of fun!
Last week I got a call from school about Danny's behavior both at school and on the bus. It seems that my son has been having issues on the bus for a while now and they finally suspended him for a week. I, in turn, am stuck driving him to and picking him up from school everyday...boy is he in a boatload of trouble! I made him bag up all his toys with the exception of 1 set of legos and 3 books. In addition he has no TV, no video games and has 1 hour of outside play time during the week. He cannot go to scouts or baseball unless he has had a good day at school and continues to behave at home. So far so good....I even have him writing, " I will not misbehave at school or on the bus" in a steno book until it is full, that fills up some of that free time in the evenings.
On Saturday I cleaned the house and sorted seasonal clothes. The wind picked up in the afternoon and the pollen was so thick you could see it....I couldn't stand to sit outside. I spent most of the day with a horrible headache and a scratchy throat. Needless to say I woke upon Sunday horrible hoarse and by mid day I was near mute. It doesn't seems to be getting any better!
Should I touch of Mother's Day? Do you really want to hear? It's not pretty by any means...but you asked for it! The day started out well, we got up had coffee, Danny gave me my last gift (they arrived a few at a time and couldn't wait to be given) and I wanted to go see my friends at the airport for breakfast...so we went. Everything was great! We opted to leave Molly out of her crate since we were only going to be an hour or so, MISTAKE!!! The dogs ripped apart numerous things, nothing of importance or value, but it was a frigging mess! One of the casualties was the blind in the living room window over the couch...it was beyond repair so we opted to head to Home Depot and pick one up among other things. On the way down Ryan asked me what I wanted for dinner that night. I proceeded to tell him I didn't want to have to shop for, prepare or clean up after this meal. He said he "wouldn't think of it"...but guess what? He did think of it, and I did all 3 of the things I do everyday on MOTHERS DAY...boy was I pissed! And to boot, God deemed me mute on this day of all days.
Happy Monday All XXXOOO







No comments:

Post a Comment